- With this plug-in you designate one or more disks as SSD disks.
- SSD disks will receive all new files created on the pool.
- It will be the balancer's job to move all the files from the SSD disks to the Archive disks in the background.
- You can use this plug-in to create a kind of write cache in order to improve write performance on the pool.
- Optionally, you can also set up a file placement order for your archive disks, so that they will be filled up one at a time.
This plug-in changes StableBit DrivePool's default file placement strategy.
By default, StableBit DrivePool always places new files onto the disk with the most free space. This tends to equalize the amount of free space across all the disks in the pool.
With this plug-in, StableBit DrivePool will place new files in a way that will fill one disk at a time. Once a disk is filled to a pre-set threshold, StableBit DrivePool will then move onto filling the next disk.
This has a number of benefits:
- Files copied at the same time will tend to be on the same disk. Because those files were copied at the same time, it stands to reason that they might be related. It can be beneficial, in terms of file recovery, to have related files be placed on the same disk.
- You may want StableBit DrivePool to write to one disk at a time in order to implement an efficient power savings policy.
- This plug-in is a simple disk space equalizer. It will equalize the used space across all of your pooled disks.
- It can work in 2 modes:
- Equalize by free space remaining - It will try to make the free space on all your pooled disks the same.
- Equalize by percent used space. - It will try to make the percent of disk space used the same across all the disks.
- Combines the functionality of several official plugins into a single plugin to avoid thrashing.
- Requires Visual Studio and .NET programming experience.
- More information on the development wiki.
It's a clean and simple installer.
We never bundle any crapware with our products.