An innovative disk surface scanner, disk health monitor and file recovery system.
Disk Summary Panel
The disk summary panel shows the health status of the selected disk in all of the 3 health categories (disk surface health, Windows Home Server storage subsystem health and S.M.A.R.T. health).
There is also an overall disk status icon indicating the type of disk and it's overall health status.
At the bottom of this panel is a link labeled Advanced.... This will take you to the advanced disk information panel. You can also double click on any disk to go directly to the advanced panel.
To go back to the overall server status panel you can click the arrow at the top right, or deselect all disks in the disk list.
Below is an explanation of all the various icons on this panel and their meaning.
Overall Disk Status Icon
The disk type
- This is not a USB / Firewire hard disk.
- This is a USB hard disk.
- This is a Firewire hard disk.
Overall Disk Status Icon
The status overlay
- None of the conditions below apply to your disk.
- At least one of the 3 disk health checks (surface scan, S.M.A.R.T. or Windows Home Server disk health) is indicating that the disk is healthy.
- The S.M.A.R.T. check has issued a warning on one or more attributes for this disk. ()
- Your disk is exceeding the pre-set maximum temperature.
- Either S.M.A.R.T. is predicting imminent disk failure or the Windows Home Server infrastructure has detected an issue with this disks.
- Your disk's surface is currently being scanned by the StableBit Scanner.
- StableBit Scanner has determined that at least one sector on this disk is unreadable.
- The StableBit Scanner surface scan.
- The Windows Home Server storage infrastructure.
- The on-disk S.M.A.R.T. check.
StableBit Scanner Status
- This disk has not been entirely checked for unreadable sectors.
- The entire surface of this disk was checked for problems and was found to be defect free.
- This disk's surface is currently being scanned by the StableBit Scanner.
- This disk has at least one unreadable sector.
Windows Home Server Storage Status
- The Windows Home Server infrastructure is not reporting any known issues with this disk.
- The Windows Home Server infrastructure has detected a problem with this disk.
- There are no problems reported by S.M.A.R.T.
- The S.M.A.R.T. check has issued a warning on one or more attributes on this disk.
- The on-disk S.M.A.R.T. check is predicting imminent disk failure on this disk.
- The on-disk S.M.A.R.T. check is not accessible on this disk.