An innovative disk surface scanner, disk health monitor and file recovery system.
Overview Summary Panel
The overview summary panel shows the combined status of the entire server. You need not go any further to get the health status of all your disks.
If there is a problem detected, an explanation will be shown in plain english. You can click on the explanation to go to the disk experiencing this problem.
There are 3 separate lines showing the three areas that the StableBit Scanner monitors for each disk. If there is a problem in any of the 3 areas on any disk in the system it will be shown here. If there are multiple disks experiencing a problem in the same category, the worst problem is shown in the overall summary panel.
- The StableBit Scanner surface scan.
- The Windows Home Server storage infrastructure.
- The on-disk S.M.A.R.T. check.
The status of the entire server with all of its disks is represented by the large overall status icon.
Overall Status Icon:
- None of the conditions below apply to any of your disk.
- At least one of the 3 disk health checks (surface scan, S.M.A.R.T. or Windows Home Server disk health) is indicating that the disk is healthy, for at least one of your disks.
- The S.M.A.R.T. check has issued a warning on one or more attributes, for one of your disks. ()
- One of your disks is exceeding the pre-set maximum temperature.
- Either S.M.A.R.T. is predicting imminent disk failure or the Windows Home Server infrastructure has detected an issue with one of your disks.
- At least one of your disk's surface is currently being scanned by the StableBit Scanner.
- StableBit Scanner has determined that at least one sector on one of your disks is unreadable.
Next to each one of the 3 category icons is a status icon indicating the status of that category.
StableBit Scanner Status:
- No disks have been entirely checked for unreadable sectors.
- The entire surface of at least one hard disk was checked for problems and was found to be defect free.
- At least one disk's surface is currently being scanned by the StableBit Scanner.
- At least one of your disks has an unreadable sector.
Windows Home Server Storage Status:
- The Windows Home Server infrastructure is not reporting any known issues with any of your disks.
- The Windows Home Server infrastructure has detected a problem with one of your disks.
- There are no problems reported by S.M.A.R.T.
- The S.M.A.R.T. check has issued a warning on one or more attributes, for one of your disks.
- The on-disk S.M.A.R.T. check is predicting imminent disk failure for one of your disks.
- The on-disk S.M.A.R.T. check is not accessible on any of your disks.